Transcending barriers through knowledge and service
Sree Ayyappa College, owned and managed by The Travancore Devaswom Board, started functioning in 1995 under colleges included under Section 2(f)/12(B) of UGC Act 1956, as the fulfilment of a long cherished dream of the rustic populace of the serene and beautiful hamlet of Eramallikkara, situated at the confluence of the twin-rivers, holy Pampa and Manimala. As the manifestation of the bounteous blessings of Lord Ayyappa, the Kaliyuga Varadan, this abode of learning proves to be a fountain of prosperity and fortune to this educationally underdeveloped remote area in Thiruvanvandoor Panchayat, of epic importance. The Government policy of starting diverse and applied-science courses in the rural sector, with the object of providing more and more job opportunities to aspiring and ambitious youth, culminated in the establishment of this institution. The Travancore Devaswom Board, with the aim of spreading the light of knowledge to especially underdeveloped, remote and rural population, in order to groom genuine geniuses for the service of society and humanity at large, started this college as its fourth one in the field of higher learning.